By default, SonarQube is configured to run on any computer with a simple Java JRE.
For better performance, the first thing to do when installing a production instance is to use a Java JDK and activate the server mode by uncommenting/setting the following line in <install_directory>/conf/wrappersonar.confproperties:
To change the Java JVM used by SonarQube, simply edit <install_directory>/conf/wrapper.conf and update the following line:
- SonarQube Runner: recommended for all non-Maven projects
- Maven: recommended for all projects built with Maven
- SonarQube Ant Task: to integrate with projects built with Ant
- Gradle: to integrate with projects built with Gradle
- CI Engine: see Jenkins plugin or Hudson plugin or Bamboo plugin or AnthillPro plugin. Note that other CI engines can be used even if there is no SonarQube plugin available.
We do not recommend to use an antivirus on the machine where a SonarQube analysis runs, it could generate unpredictable behavior.
Failed to launch the SonarQube service on Windows platform with a LocalSystem account