Getting MMTk and Jikes RVM and Eclipse working.
- Download Jikes RVM version 3.0.2 or later (or use hg tip)
- Ensure you can Build and Run the RVM.
Ensure you can build and run the
BaseBaseNoGCconfiguration (build with:
bin/buildit localhost BaseBaseNoGC, run with something like:
Note that this configuration does not perform garbage collection so can only run small benchmarks which do not exhaust available memory. This configuration will be used as the basis for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your source is successfully imported (and editable) within an IDE such as Eclipse.
- Set up an Eclipse Run configuration for the NoGC plan using the MMTk Test Harness.
Creating The Base Tutorial Collector
- Copy the
org.mmtk.plan.tutorial(copy and paste the package in Eclipse).
- Rename the constituent classes from
Tutorial*(use Refactor->Rename on each class within the
org.mmtk.plan.tutorialpackage in Eclipse).
Edit file class
org.mmtk.harness.PlanSpecificConfig, and add the following lines
register(new PlanSpecific("org.mmtk.plan.tutorial.Tutorial"), "Tutorial");
to the static initializer (look for "NoGC").
- Modify your MMTk Harness Eclipse Run Configuration to use the new Plan (the name of the plan is the second parameter to the "register" method you inserted above), and click 'Run' to run it.
- Create a new configuration file,
build/configs/BaseBaseTutorial.properties, with a single line:
- Build and run the resulting collector:
build with something like:
bin/buildit localhost BaseBaseTutorial
run with something like:
Info title Checkpoint
This zip file captures all of the above steps with respect to Jikes RVM 3.0.2. You can use the files within the archive to verify you've completed the above steps correctly.