okay work in progress work stopped
- FileDataStore interface created in order to prevent dependency on AbstractFileDataStore
- TypeNarrowed FileDataStoreFactorySPI to return a FileDataStore
- Removed need for MapContext to be configured with a CRS (it will now take it from the first layer with a crs provided)
- Allowed addLayer to take a null Style; a default will be created based on feature type
Covers setting up with jars from geotools download; and using maven.
Go through map context and add:
- raster geotiff or world+image
Bonus: WMS Layer
Add WMS layer. For first cut we will just show the api that is involved; or provide a small code snippet.
Go through a series of exercise with Style covering:
- stroke for outline
- point symbolizer to draw a symbol at the centroid of each country
- text symbolizer for labels
- raster symbolizer to gray scale the background
Bring it all together and click on a map location to dynamically create a style showing the "selected" feature. This is how to do selection with out loading everything into memory.