- 2623-AugApr-20112012: Woodstox 4.1.2 3 patch version released (see Download page)
- 26-Aug-2011: Woodstox 4.1.2 patch version released.
- 27-Jan-2011: Woodstox 4.1.1 (and 4.0.10) patch versions released (see Download page ).
- 13-Dec-2010: Woodstox 4.1.0 released
- 05-May-2010: Maintenance release 4.0.8: (from Download page ): miscellaneous fixes; plus version 3.0.2 of Stax API jar (to resolve issues with Maven repos)
- 16-Dec-2009: Maintenance release 4.0.7:: fixes one problem with accessing Base64-encoded binary content (in coalescing mode)
- 01-Oct-2009: Maintenance release 4.0.6: fixes a nasty bug with long CDATA sections, XMLStreamReader.getElementText().
- 09-Jun-2009: Maintenance release 4.0.5, fixes minor W3C Schema validation issues
- 08-May-2009: Maintenance releases 4.0.4 ("Page Not Found" release?) and 3.2.9; latter likely the last release from 3.2 branch.
- 12-Apr-2009: Added related API javadocs (Stax, SAX) for convenience.
- 04-Mar-2009: Woodstox 4.0.3 released: just a single bug fix, but important one for W3C Schema validation. Also started 4.1 development branch (trunk is for 5.0)
- 25-Feb-2009: Woodstox 4.0.2 released; 2 bug fixes, bit improved maven deployment (version range deps should finally work)
- 29-Jan-2009: Woodstox 4.0.1 released to resolve Maven2 repo problems experienced with 4.0.0.
- 01-Jan-2009: Woodstox 4.0.0, "Tequila" released!
- 26-Dec-2008: Third 4.0 release candidate (version 3.9.9-3) released. Bug fixes to StreamSource handling, an API change regarding base64 handling.
- 26-Dec-2008: 3.2.8 maintenance release: work-around for QName problem with old app servers, other minor fixes.
- 17-Dec-2008: Second 4.0 release candidate (version 3.9.9-2) released! One critical bug fix; improved packaging, and OSGi service definition added.
- 21-Nov-2008: First 4.0 release candidate (version 3.9.9-1) released! Now with full Typed Access API, W3C Schema validation (using MSV), and OSGi compatibility.
- 05-Jun-2007: Released updated versions of ValidateXML and DTDFlatten tools: previous versions were based on ancient Woodstox version (2.0.3), new builds are based on 3.2.1.
- 28-Dec-2006: 3.2.0 released (although it really should be numbered "3.4"... guess why?). The most significant new feature is full SAX2 API implementation. In addition, writer-side had bit of TLC given to it, resulting in 10-20% speed increase, as well as numerous fixes.
- 02-Nov-2006: 3.1 (final) released: implements Xml:id, properly reports SPACE in non-validating mode, and tries to preserve prefix mappings and namespace declarations in repairing mode.
- 11-Aug-2006: Finally added a more recent version (0.9) of StaxMate. This is a significant upgrade, and makes full use of Java 5 features (meaning it also requires JDK 1.5 or above) amongst other things. I will try to write a tutorial for it at Let's Talk About Stax .
- 07-Aug-2006: 3.0.0 (3.0 final) released.
- 12-Jun-2006: I am starting to write a blog (Let's talk about Stax ) about Stax, Woodstox, XML in general; this should become a good resource about Woodstox as well as about general Stax issues.