To configure the settings for a project, it is necessary to connect as an administrator on this project Only project administrators can access project settings (See Security).
Adding a Project
Adding a project to Sonar is SonarQubeis not done through the web interface, but automatically when the project is analyzed for the first time.
Deleting a Project
You can delete a project in Sonar by clicking on Project Deletion in the left menu.
Note that a service to delete several projects at the same time is available since Sonar version 3.2.
Updating Project Key
Since Sonar version 3.2, the project key can be updated (without losing the history on the project). Go to Configuration > Update Key:
Setting Quality Profiles
As Sonar version 3.3 enables multi-language project analysis, project administrators can select which quality profile to use for each language on their project. Go to Configuration > Quality Settings > Quality Profiles:
It is possible to exclude source code files from being analyzed:
- Since Sonar version 3.3, go to Configuration > Settings > Exclusions and set the '
- For Sonar versions prior to 3.3, click on Exclusions in the left menu and set the '
- Exclude tests file from being analyzed: go to Configuration > Settings > Exclusions and set the '
- Set global exclusions that will apply to all the projects: go to Configuration > General Settings > Exclusions and set the '
sonar.global.exclusions' and '
To exclude files, you can use wildcard patterns. Example: **/*Bean.java to exclude all classes ending with the Bean word. Full documentation is directly available on the Exclusions administration Sonar web interface.
If you want to exclude source code from being check against some coding rules, you can have a look at the Switch Off Violations plugin.
Since version 3.5, it is also possible to:
- Set the files to be analyzed through the
sonar.test.inclusionsproperties. In this case, only these very files will be analyzed.
- Exclude some files from being checked against duplications. To do so, set the through the
sonar.cpd.exclusionsproperty (Configuration > Settings > Duplications).
Full documentation is directly available on the SonarQube web interface (Configuration > Settings > Exclusions).
To add links to your project, click on Links in the left menu:
These links have to be defined in the analysis configuration file:
- Continuous integration:
- Issue tracker:
- Developer connection:
For Maven projects, these links are retrieved from the project POM:
- Continuous integration: <ciManagement><url>
- Issue tracker: <issueManagement><url>
- Developer connection:
sonar.links.*property on a Maven project overrides the one above.
Several plugins can be configured at project level to override Global Settings for that project. On your project, click on Settings in the left menuConfiguration in the top right corner.