Project administration is accessible through the Configuration menu.
Adding a Project
Adding a A project to Sonar is not done through the web interface, but automatically when the project is automatically added to SonarQube when analyzed for the first time. Note that you can also provision projects.
Deleting a Project
You can delete a project in Sonar by clicking on Project Deletion in the left menu.through Configuration > Deletion:
Updating Project Key
Since Sonar 3.2, the The project key can be updated (without losing the history on the project). Go to Configuration > Update Key:
Setting Quality Profiles
As Sonar 3.3 enables multi-language project analysis, project administrators can select which quality profile to use for each language on their project. Go to Settings > Quality Profiles:
It is possible to exclude files from being analyzed:
- Since Sonar 3.3, go to Configuration > Settings > Exclusions and set the 'sonar.exclusions' property.
- For Sonar versions prior to 3.3, click on Exclusions in the left menu and set the 'sonar.exclusions' property.
- Exclude tests file from being analyzed: go to Configuration > Settings > Exclusions and set the 'sonar.tests.exclusions' property
- Set global exclusions that will apply to all the projects: go to Configuration > General Settings > Exclusions and set the 'sonar.global.exclusions' and 'sonar.global.tests.exclusions' properties.
If you want to exclude source code from being check against some coding rules, you can have a look at the Switch Off Violations plugin.
Since Sonar 3.5, it is also possible to:
- Set the files to be analyzed through the 'sonar.inclusions' and 'sonar.test.inclusions' properties. In this case, only these very files will be analyzed.
- Exclude some files from being checked against duplications. To do so, set the through 'the sonar.cpd.exclusions' property (Configuration > Settings > Duplications).
The new key must match the following regular expression: [0-9a-zA-Z:-_\.:]+
Note that the validity of the new key is not currently verified. See
Setting Quality Profiles and Quality Gate
Project administrators can select which:
- Quality profiles (go to Configuration > Quality Profiles)
- Quality gate (go to Configuration > Quality Gate)
to use on their project.
See Narrowing the Focus.
To add links to your project, click on Links in the left menugo to Configuration > Links:
They are two types of links:
These links have to be defined in the analysis configuration file:
- Continuous integration:
- Issue tracker:
- Developer connection:
For Maven projects, these links are retrieved from the project POM:
- Continuous integration: <ciManagement><url>
- Issue tracker: <issueManagement><url>
- Developer connection:
sonar.links.*property on a Maven project overrides the one above.
They can not be modified through the web interface.
Any link can be added trough through the web interface.Those Those links can be displayed on a dashboard by adding the Description widget.
Several plugins can be configured at project level to override Global Settings for that project. On your project, click on Configuration in the top right cornerthe plugin's global settings. Go to Configuration > Settings.