- The basic : Maven's collaboration strategy: Maven takes the same approach as Ant (until recently) - generating your project files. Maven's POM are perfectly suited for this task since they basically contain all the project information.
- Dealing with Eclipse-based IDE: For those of you living in a parallel universe, Eclipse is a great free open source IDE platform (well in fact it's more then that) oriented firstly toward Java development and is the dominant player in this software area. A lot of commercial IDEs are built upon its fundations.
- Dealing with JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA: IntelliJ IDEA is an excellent commercial Java IDE with a large group of supporters. It was the precursor of all this great "Refactor" stuff now offered by every good IDE.
- Dealing with NetBeans: NetBeans is like Eclipse a free open source IDE but developed by Sun. It has gained some momentum in the last year.
- Dealing with Oracle JDeveloper:
- What! My favorite IDE is not supported :