Release 2.2 Upgrade Notes
the The property sonar.host.url MUST NOT end with a slash character. Otherwise, JDBC driver is not found by the Sonar Maven plugin. See SONAR-1685. This issue is fixed in version 2.3.
- SONAR-1398 : Upgrade Checkstyle from version 5.0 to 5.1. There aren't any new rules.
- SONAR-992 : Support several source directories.
- SONAR-1179 : Support Checkstyle custom checks with Maven 2.1+
- SONAR-1536 : The Checkstyle Maven plugin is not executed anymore, Checkstyle being directly executed by SonarSonarQube. It decreases the coupling with Maven and helps to be more reactive with new Checkstyle versions. A consequence is that the existing Checkstyle configuration in pom is not inherited anymore.
- SONAR-1179 : Support PMD custom checks with Maven 2.1+
- SONAR-1537 : Upgrade PMD from 4.2.2 to 4.2.5
- SONAR-1542 : The PMD Maven plugin is not executed anymore, PMD being directly executed by SonarSonarQube. It decreases the coupling with Maven and helps to be more reactive with new PMD versions. A consequence is that the existing PMD configuration in pom is not inherited anymore.
- New rules :
- Simplify Boolean Expressions
- Avoid Throwing New Instance of Same Exception
- Four new rules for Android
Clover 3 is now supported and Clover 1 has been removed. The default used version is upgraded to 2.6.3.
SonarQube WAR in JEE server
The WAR file is now linked to the Sonar directory (the directory where the distribution is unzipped). It implies :
- No need to rebuild the WAR when installing/uninstalling plugins or rule extensions
- The WAR file must be deployed on the host which contains the Sonar directory
- The WAR file must be rebuilt when the Sonar directory is moved
- The WAR file must be rebuilt when a configuration file is updated (directory conf/)
- The property sonar.rules.extensionsPath is not supported anymore