The development of IzPack 5 is making good progress, and we will soon be able to conduct proper beta testing.
Another target of the upcoming new major release is to have the documentation here in a wiki.
We started writing the new one, adapting some of the previous content and mentioning upcoming features of IzPack 5.
We are however far from having a complete documentation!
You are invited to help: anyone can join and edit the pages. Here is how you can help:
- check / edit the current content
- take some missing content from the old documentation and use it as a basis for the new documentation style
- write short tutorials for new users, people needing custom extensions, case studies... you name it
Info title Documentation style
We want a clean, easy documentation. Put yourself in the shoes of a new user that is discovering IzPack.
- Write one page per-topic. Do not hesitate to split the content to child pages.
- Avoid copy and paste from the old documentation.
- Go straight to the point. Avoid unnecessarily lengthy text.
- Use examples!
- A picture is worth a thousand words.