The foundation for the Activiti Designer is the Eclipse Graphiti project (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.graphiti). We currently use Graphiti 0.79.0.
For the implementation of the BPMN 2.0 specification we use the BPMN 2.0 metamodel implementation for Eclipse (http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT-BPMN2).
We have released version 0.6.0 for the Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer. Note that it is not yet bullit-proof and we welcome any feedback you may have!
The installation of the Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer is very simple and contains the following steps:
- Download Eclipse Helios Classic an Eclipse Indigo or Juno distribution at http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-classic-361/heliossr1 (Note that Helios is not supported)
- Install the Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer plug-in via the update site http://activiti.org/designer/update
That's all, you should now be able to create your first Activiti Eclipse project:
- BPMN 2.0 constructs Start event, End event, Sequence flow, Script task, User task, Service task, Manual task, Exclusive and Parallel gateway, and sub processes.
- Export of BPMN 2.0 XML when the process diagram is saved.
- Process image creation when the process diagram is saved
- Automatic creation of developer friendly ids for BPMN 2.0 constructs.
- Property sheets for all supported BPMN 2.0 constructs, but script, java service and user task in specific, because you can edit additional fields.
- To open and edit a sub process, drag one into your process diagram and double-click it to open a new editor where you can model the sub process.
- Generate a fully working unit test out of a BPMN 2.0 XML file
- Customize the palette with your own nodes
Have fun and please provide some early feedback!
For more information about the Activiti Designer look at the Activiti userguide:
Tijs Rademakers - lead developer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tiese Barrell - developer
Ron van Liempd - developer
Yvo Swillens - developer
0.6.1 release (january 1st):
- Add receive task
- Copy and paste functionality
- Additional functionality to create property sheets for custom nodes
- New icons
- Deployment on a Activiti Engine
0.7.0 release (february 1st):
- BPMN DI import and export
- Web service task
- Multipage editor for diagram, XML and deployment editor
- Support for execution and task listeners