There are many ways you can make boo better.
As an user you can contribute by reporting any issues you find, by adding, commenting on and/or fixing the documentation on this website (see that little edit link down the page?), by helping other users through one of our mailing lists and irc channel.
Feel like hacking today? Get the latest sources from our repository and see what you think.
Browse the list of open issues, see anything you like? Take ownership and try to fix it!
Getting in touch
- subscribe to any of our Mailing Lists
- stop by the boo irc channel: irc://irc.codehaus.org/boo
- add comments to the pages in our wiki
- add comments to and/or vote for the issues in our issue tracker
If you find a bug or problem
Please raise an issue in our issue tracker.
If you can provide a test case then your issue is more likely to be resolved quicker.
We gladly accept patches if you can find ways to improve, tune or fix boo in some way.
The basic process goes like this:
- check out the code from the subversion repository or update you working copy
- optionally write new test cases or change existing ones
svn diffyour changes to a file
- attach that file to the related issue or create a new issue including the details on what's being improved, tuned or fixed
Always try to make sure that all the unit tests that were passing before the code changes are still green after them.
Code eventually committed to the repository must follow our coding conventions.
Using the issue tracker
Before you can raise an issue in the issue tracker you need to register with it. This is quick & painless.
If you want to have a go at fixing an issue you need to be in the list of boo-developers on the issue tracker. To join the group, please mail email@example.com with the username you used to register with the issue tracker and we'll add you to the group.
Helping with the documentation
Before you start adding comments to and/or editing the pages on this website you need to register with confluence. This is also quick & painless.
If you want to fix and/or add new pages you need to be in the list of boo-developers on confluence. To join the group, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the username you used to register with confluence and we'll add you to the group.