The foundation for the Activiti Designer is the Eclipse Graphiti project (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.graphiti). We currently use Graphiti 0.7.0 RC1.
For the implementation of the BPMN 2.0 specification we use the BPMN 2.0 metamodel implementation for Eclipse (http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT-BPMN2).
We have released a first version ( 0.56.0 ) for the Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer. Note that it is not yet bullit-proof and we welcome any feedback you may have!
- BPMN 2.0 constructs Start event, End event, Sequence flow, Script task, User task, Service task, Manual task, Exclusive and Parallel gateway, and sub processes.
- Export of BPMN 2.0 XML by right clicking on when the diagram and choosing Export - Save to BPMN 2.0.process diagram is saved.
- Process image creation when the process diagram is saved
- Automatic creation of developer friendly ids for BPMN 2.0 constructs.
- Property sheets for all supported BPMN 2.0 constructs, but script, java service and user task in specific, because you can edit additional fields.
- To open and edit a sub process, drag one into your process diagram and double-click it to open a new editor where you can model the sub process.
- Generate a fully working unit test out of a BPMN 2.0 XML file
And as an example, the following screenshot shows a bit of what's currently possible with the Activiti BPMN 2.0 Eclipse Plugin.
- Customize the palette with your own nodes
Have fun and please provide some early feedback!
Yvo Swillens - developer
0.56.0 release (this is the current release1 release (january 1st):
- Create Activiti project
- Create Activiti BPMN 2.0 diagram
- Support for the following BPMN 2.0 constructs (Start event, End event, Sequence flow, User task, Script task, Java service task, Manual task, Parallel gateway, Exclusive gateway, Sub process)
- Export function for BPMN 2.0 xml
- Simple unit test functionalityAdd receive task
- Copy and paste functionality
- Additional functionality to create property sheets for custom nodes
- New icons
- Deployment on a Activiti Engine
0.7.0 release (february 1st):
- BPMN DI import and export
- Web service task
- Multipage editor for diagram, XML and deployment editor
- Support for execution and task listeners
- Support for standalone sub processes
- Support for pools and lanes
- Deployment on a Activiti Engine - http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ACT-202
- Import BPMN 2.0 model from Activiti modeler - http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ACT-200