This Sonar plugin measures the number of API break violations between the current sources and the last known stable version of the library in the Maven repository.
Image RemovedImage Added
- Stop Sonar Web server
- Copy the JAR file into the /extensions/plugins directory
- Restart Sonar Server
- Add at least one Clirr rule to your quality profile (Configuration > Quality Profiles -> select your profile -> filter rules on plugin 'Clirr') :
- API Change adds new feature without breaking anything
- API Change breaks the backward binary compatibility
- API Change might change runtime expected behavior
- Define your project as an API project : browse to the project settings and set the property Clirr -> API to true.
- Analyze your project (execute mvn sonar:sonar)
- Browse to the dashboard and look at "API Changes" widget and page.