We increasingly have trouble with people downloading Maven 3 (as it is the latest and has been out a while) and failing to build GeoTools. Maven 3 is also built into the latest round of IDEs (NetBeans and Eclipse) and cannot be avoided much longer.
Finally Maven 3 is supposed to be faster allowing the build box to consume less resources.
I propose that the build script be updated to support both Maven 2 and 3.
Voting has started, the activity has been scheduled after the change to Java 6:
- Andrea Aime: +0
- Ben Caradoc-Davies: +1
- Christian Mueller: +1
- Ian Turton: +0
- Justin Deoliveira: +1
- Jody Garnett: +1
- Simone Giannecchini: +0
- AA - Write patch to allow build using Maven 2 and 3 and submit via Jira;
- CB: Review patch
- BD: Review and update patch
- JG: Applied patch to trunk - see GEOT-3615
- Update the developers guide:
- Install (Mostly update links and examples)
- Review How do you deal with maven-3 timestamped snapshots efficiently?
- Update the User Guide
- Quickstart maven instructions
- JD: Update the build box environment to make Maven 3 targets possible (optional as works with 2 and 3)
- Install maven 3 on the build box, update the trunk build targets to use Maven 3 environment
- Apply the patch when ready
- JG: Release 8.0-M1 to test "How to cut a release" still works with Maven 3
- How to cut a Release