New users as well as users of the recent versions of the C# plugins should consult this page.
The C# Ecosystem is a set of plugins. They are all installed as part of the ecosystem, but not all of them will necessarily be used:
- Mandatory plugins:
- of in the ecosystem. : defines API used by every other plugin
: parses C# code source, computes metrics, detects duplications, etc.
- Optional plugins adding features from external tools:
- FxCop to detect issues related to potential bugs, tight coupling, globalization, etc. : runs
- Gendarme to detect issues related to bad coding bad practices, code smell detection, performance, etc. : runs
- Gallio to execute unit/integration tests as well as a code coverage tool (PartCover or OpenCover or NCover or ...). : runs
- : runs a dependency parser tool, built on Mono Cecil, to get dependency data between assemblies and classes.
- StyleCop to detect issues mainly related to coding style (formatting, comments, ...). : runs
Installing C# Ecosystem on Server
- Install the .NET and C# plugins from the Update Center or download them into the SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the SonarQube server
Installing External Components on
Machine(s) Running Analyses
Some external components have to be installed on the Windows boxes where analyses are performed. As Since it is recommended to that you install the SonarQube server and the clientanalyzer(s) on different machines, this means that you can run the SonarQube server on a Linux box and run the analyses on Windows boxes.
Installing .NET SDK (mandatory)
Depending on your projects, install the right version(s) of the .NET SDK. Then, log in to SonarQube as a System administrator and go to Settings > General Settings > .NET and set the
sonar.dotnet.X.Y.sdk.directory properties: absolute path to the .NET SDK X.Y installation directory.
Installing Silverlight Framework (optional)
If your projects embeds embed Silverlight code, Silverlight has to be installed. Depending on your projects, install the right version(s) of Silverlight. Then, log in as a System administrator and go to Settings > General Settings > .NET and set the
sonar.silverlight.X.mscorlib.location properties: absolute path to the core assembly for Silverlight X framework.
Installing External Tools
Install required if corresponding plugin is installed?
Supported version (Tested one in bold)
Requires .NET SDK 4.0 to be installed. However, the installer for FxCop was somehow omitted from the 64-bit .iso.
1.36+ (10.0)How to pull the installer out of one of the complete iso's:
NO, StyleCop binaries are embedded in the plugin.
NO, Gendarme binaries are embedded in the plugin.
3.1 Update 2 + (3.2.3)
YES if you want to use PartCover as the coverage engine.
2.2, 2.3 and 4.0 (4.0)
YES if you want to use NCover as the coverage engine
YES if you want to use OpenCover as the coverage engine.
Requires .NET SDK 4.0 to be installed.
1.0.X, 2.0.X, 4.0.X (4.0.1118)
|JetBrains dotCover||YES if you want to use dotCover as the coverage engine.||http://www.jetbrains.com/dotcover/||1.X, 2.X (1.2 & 2.0)|
|NDeps||NO, binaries are embedded in the plugin.||https://github.com/grozeille/DependencyParser|