This feature provides the ability to any logged in user to subscribe to the following email notifications:
- Changes in review reviews assigned to me or created by me
- New violations on my favourite projects alerts
- New violations introduced during the first differential view period
During each Sonar analysis, the notifications are computed for each user who has subscribed to notifications. Regarding violations, users are notified on new violations introduced on their favourite projects during the first differential view period (Period 1). Then, in an asynchronous way, emails on those these notifications are sent to users by emails.
To set the delay between processing of notification queue, set the property sonar.notifications.delay property (in seconds) in SONAR_HOME/conf/sonar.properties. Note that the Sonar server has to be restarted for the new value to be taken into account.
Note that sometimes there could be some discrepancy between values displayed in the email and values displayed on the web interface. This happens if another analysis has been run between the sending of the mail email and you clicking on the link to the Violations drill-down in the this email.
Each logged in user can subscribe to notification notifications by going to Configuration UserName > My Profile profile and tick the events they wants want to subscribe to.
In the example below, the user will receive notifications for:
- New alerts on any projects
- Changes in reviews assigned to him or created by him on the following projects: 'UT coverage with Sonar Runner reusing JUnit and JaCoCo reports' and 'Java sample project combining UT and IT coverage'
- New violations introduced during the first differential period on the following projects: 'UT coverage with Sonar Runner reusing JUnit and JaCoCo reports' and 'Java sample project combining UT and IT coverage'
For Sonar to be able to send emails, you should first configure the email settings. Go to notifications by email, go to Settings > Configuration > General Settings > Email :Image Removedand configure the email settings.