This feature allows any logged in user to subscribe to the following email notifications:
- Changes in issues assigned to me or reported by me
- New alertsNew false positives
- New New issues
- New quality gate status
for all projects or a specific list of projects.
During each analysis, the notifications are computed for each user who has subscribed to notifications. Then, in an asynchronous way, these notifications are sent to users by emails.
To set the delay between processing of notification queue, set the
sonar.notifications.delay property (in seconds) in SONAR_HOME/conf/sonar.properties. Note that the server has to be restarted for the new value to be taken into account.
Note that sometimes there could be some discrepancy between values displayed in the email and values displayed on the web interface. This happens if another analysis has been run between the sending of the email and you clicking on the link to the Issues drill-down in this email.
Each logged in user can subscribe to notifications by going subscribe to notifications, go to UserName > My profile and ticking tick the events they you want to subscribe to.
In the below example, the user will receive notifications for:
- New alerts on any projectquality gate status for all projects
- Changes in issues assigned to her/him or reported by her/him on the following projects: 'Simple Java Project' and 'Simple Cobol Project'New issues project: "Sample C# project"
- New false positives on the following projects: 'Simple Java Project' and 'Simple Cobol Project'
To be able to send notifications by email, go to Settings > General Settings > Email and configure the email settings.
- "Simple Java project analyzed with the SonarQube Runner"
See Notifications - Administration to administer this notification mechanism.