Not so long ago on the Maven 2 users mailing list, someone complained Maven 2 had the "worst documentation in the whole Apache projects". Therefore, I am writting writing this tutorial as in an attempt to make Maven 2 documentation one of the best in the whole Apache projects. It will also be a constant constantly evolving knowledge base addressing the most common questions/issues. The format of this tutorial is inspired by the excellent "The Java TM Tutorial"© document which can be found on Sun's official web site.
This tutorial is split into several trails of different levels which are adressing addressing specific aspects of Maven 2 use.
Maven 2 Basics
- Getting started: If you aren't the type of guy who likes to read a manual For those who don't enjoy reading manuals and you want to see Maven in action now, this is the place to go.
- Maven 2 fundamentals - The Big Picture : This trail introduces the key concepts behind Maven 2.
- Configuring Maven 2: This is where you start to get Getting your hands dirty. This trail introduces how to make Maven 2 fit in your development environment.
- Managing my project using Maven : This is the place where you learn the Learn the basics of how to use Maven 2 to manage and build your projects.
- Dealing with IDEs : Ok, Maven 2 seems very cool but I am using an IDE to develop my application. How does Maven 2 fit in the pictureUsing Maven in an IDE, how does it fit?
- What did I do wrong? : If you can't figure out what you are doing wrong, you should take a look at this trail.
- Repositories - Specifying an alternate location : Centralising the repository has advantages, but you might want to have everything in one project-tree.
- [more to be added]