- The continuous integration job does not fail.
- The JIRA issues included in the release are closed.
- Check the source code quality of the plugin. The SQALE index must be A and the SQALE remediation factor must not increase between two releases.
- A dedicated page is created in the wiki.
Call a Vote
Before a release can occur, a vote typically takes place.
Only Sonar plugin committers can vote. The first release requires three +1 and no -1. Then vote is adopted by lazy consensus for next releases. It passes if it doesn't have any -1.
- Close the vote on the dev mailing-list
- Check the prerequisites
Set your Codehaus username/password in Maven settings.xml:
Code Block title settings.xml lang xml
<settings> <servers> <server> <id>codehaus.org</id> <username>CODEHAUS_LOGIN</username> <password>CODEHAUS_PASSWORD</password> </server> </servers> </settings>
- Install Codehaus SSL certificates into JDK
Deploy the plugin to the Maven central repository by executing the following command with default values:
mvn release:prepare release:perform
- Release the version in JIRA
- Update the Change Log section on the wiki plugin page by adding a JIRA Issues macro. Use the following properties:
- JIRA Field Columns to Display: type;key;summary;priority
- Cache: on
- Anonymous Retrieval: checked
- Width: 900
- Height: <leave it empty>
- Title: Release X.X
- Render Mode: static
- If it is the first release of the plugin, add it to the Plugin Library page
- Update the Version compatibility matrix page
- Announce the release on the mailing-lists: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (you must subscribe to these lists in xircles )
- Send an email to email@example.com to ask for adding the release to the Update Center and to update the header on the wiki plugin page. This redundant step will be improved later.