If you are familiar with the PHP environment, you may just need to read the 'Short Way' section.
If you need more help, you can follow the 'Long Way' installation guide.
- Install PHP runtime with the corresponding xdebug extensions. Version 5.2.6 or newer is required.
- Install PEAR. Version 1.8.0 or newer is required.
- Install the following PEAR packages (check the version listPHP Plugin to know which versions to install):
- Install PHPUnit
- Install PHP Depend
- Install PHPMD
- Install PHP_CodeSniffer
- Install PHP version 5.2.6 or newer. You can download PHP at this location and follow these installation instructions.
Install PEAR version 1.8.0 or newer if not included in PHP distribution. To ensure PEAR version and to upgrade it, type the following commands in command prompt:
pear version pear upgrade pear
If you, for some reason, need the latest PEAR and the commands above don't get it then download http://pear.php.net/go-pear.phar and execute it with php (don't use the old go-pear without the .phar extension, it will likely fail):
Install PHPUnit from pear using the following command lines:
pear channel-discover pear.phpunit.de pear channel-discover pear.symfony-project.com pear install phpunit/PHPUnit-3.5.5
- Install XDebug to allow code instrumentation used for instance by phpunit to compute coverage.
If you are running Linux or Mac, you must install phpize (normally found in php dev packages like rpm php5-devel, deb php5-dev) and then compile xdebug via pecl install using the following command line:
apt-get install make apt-get install php5-dev pecl install xdebug
And then edit your $PHP_HOME/php.ini file to add the following line:
If you are running Windows, you should download the binary version matching your PHP installation from this location. And then edit your $PHP_HOME/php.ini file to add the following line:
Install PHP Depend:
pear channel-discover pear.pdepend.org pear install pdepend/PHP_Depend-1.0.3
pear channel-discover pear.phpmd.org pear install --alldeps phpmd/PHP_PMD-1.3.2
pear install PHP_CodeSniffer-1.3.2
External Tools Versions
The versions listed below are the ones we use for developments and tests.
That's why, we highly recommend you to use these versions as well (even if the Sonar PHP plugin might also be compatible with other versions).
Sonar PHP Plugin