NOTE: This page is a work-in-progress!
(incomplete) TODO list
General project status
Jikes RVM is currently the most popular platform for virtual machine research. This popularity is reflected in the particpation on the mailing lists where most questions can be answered.
- Add support for the OpenJDK class libraries
- Add Intel 64-bit support
- Get DaCapo 9.12 running on the Jikes RVM
Preliminary long-term goals (still need further discussion)
- Improve stability
- Improve compliance with JVM spec
- Write unit tests for all classes
- Improve and extend test suites
- add Add support for relevant new platforms (ARM?)
- Merge relevant changes from MRP
Detailed project status
This section provides more detailed project status information for the components. If you think an important point is missing here, please contact us via the mailing lists.
- DaCapo 2006-MR-2 runs on Jikes RVM
- Some benchmarks of DaCapo 9.12 work
- Parts of SPECjvm2008 work (see RVM-484)
- Jikes RVM has a large community in its intended audience (researchers)
- Core team consists wholly of volunteers: no paid developers
- Jikes RVM is currently not packaged for any major distribution