It measures the number of API break issues between the current sources and the last known stable version of the library in the Maven repository.
- Install the plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the SonarQube server
- Add at least one Clirr rule to your quality profile (Quality Profiles > Select your profile > filter rules on repository "Clirr") :
- API Change adds new feature without breaking anything
- API Change breaks the backward binary compatibility
- API Change might change runtime expected behavior
- Define your project as an API project: browse to the project settings and set the property Clirr > API to true.
- Analyze your Maven project
- Browse to the dashboard and look at "API Changes" widget and page.