- It scans source code from files on disk. This mode is generally used in enterprise environments with configuration management strategies (use tools like Subversion or Clearcase).
- It connects to the database and analyzes all the objects stored in that database. This mode is NOT supported by SonarQube.
- Install the plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the SonarQubeserver
- Dell (was Quest Software) Toad 9.5 or higher with the CodeXpert module (included into Toad for Oracle Xpert, Toad for Oracle Professional and Toad Development Suite for Oracle).
- A connection to an Oracle database if you use Toad 9.x or 10.x. This is a limitation of Toad that needs to be connected to the database even if it is not used by the CodeXpert module. So you can set a “fake” connection to an empty database.