- Start by downloading an Indigo or Juno version of Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers from here: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
- Download and install Maven 3 from here: http://maven.apache.org/download.html . Using Maven 2.x will not work, so make sure you have a compliant version. Commands listed further on will assume that you have the mvn command linked to Maven 3. Make sure your Maven settings are such, that Maven can access the Internet to reach public repositories and download dependencies
- Add the Eclipse Modelling Framework (EMF) SDK
- Add Eclipse Graphiti SDK 0.9.1 from update site http://download.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.9.1.
- Add a team provider for Subversion, such as Subversive
- Add the following location as source code repository: httphttps://svngithub.codehaus.orgcom/activiti/projects/designer/Activiti/Activiti-Designer
As you can see, there are quite a number of projects in this tree. You will need to have all of them in your Eclipse workspace to build Designer yourself. It's important that you perform a checkout of all of these projects as top level projects in your workspace. Obviously, you can do without the examples folder, but you need the other projects.