- the configuration of the SonarQube instance (security, plugins settings, etc.)
- the quality snapshots of projects, views, etc.
- One for users to browse quality snapshots and configure the SonarQube instance
- One or more to analyze projects
- The SonarQube platform cannot have more than a single web server and a single database.
- For optimal performance, each component (Database, Web Server, Analyzers) should be installed on a dedicated machine. However, the Server and the Database can be installed on the same machine.
- Analyzers will scale by adding machines.
- The Database and the Analyzers must be located in the same network.
- The Database and the Analyzers must not be installed on the same machine.
- All the machines must be time synchronized.