This is an attempt to compare Cargo with other tools.
Configure containers/Generate configuration
Number of containers supported
Distributed install of containers
Types of containers/nodes supported
Notes on Cargo
- Its usage is currently focused on the development environment.
- Doesn't support distributed installations
- Supports remote deployments of J2EE archives
- Currently focused on J2EE containers but the architecture is general and can support any type of containers (database, IDEs, EAIs, etc).
Notes on Smartfrog
- Has a language to describe configurations
- Require agents to be installed
- Focused on container deployment, management and monitoring
Notes on Geronimo
- Completely wraps containers/components. Need adapter (GBean) to match component lifeycle with Geronimo's lifecycle.
- Focused on runtime and management of containers/components.