- get the relevant XML file via ViewCVS
- save the file to your local disk: ./jdo-howto.xml.orig
- create a copy of the file: ./jdo-howto.xml
- make your modifications and validate the XML
- use the "diff" command (i.e. not 'cvs diff') as follows
diff -u jdo-howto.xml.orig jdo-howto.xml > $WORK/castor/patch/jdo-howto.xml.diff
- proceed as for Step 5.
- Please review your diffs before you submit your patch to Bugzilla
- The UNIX manual pages 'man diff' and 'man patch'.
- CVS usage information is at www.cvshome.org and your local 'info cvs' pages or 'man cvs' pages or user documentation. This includes guidance about using cvs diff