We have reached the limits of our shared JDBCDataStore and are breaking free We are going to use what we learn from the exercise to extract common utility classes for JDBCDataStore2 (ie we will play nice with others; just not today).
Here is what we are trying out:
- Make JDBCDataStore2 final, configured by a Stratagy object
- One Stratagy Objects to Rule them all: make an Object for "Table", "View" removing conditional code based on case by case GeometryColumn use, FID mapping stratagy etc... If we need PostGIS version specific behaviour it will also be handled in this fashion. This approach was called TypeRef and comes from the AbstractDataStore2 effort.
- ResultSet: rather then build on layers and layers of abstractions (FeaureSource < FeatureCollection < FeatureReader < AttributeIO < QueryData < ResultSet < Statement < Connection) we are going to get as close to ResultSet as we can; making use of paged or random access abilities as needed to directly implement a FeatureCollection.
- SQLEncoder based on Filter 1.1 specification (combines rolls of SQLEncoder and SQLBuilder - basically splits the Filter and builds in a single pass)
Gold Star Quality Assurance Check
IP Check: review.txt added, all headers are in place
Releasable: no blocking issues, but feedback from potential users is appreciated
Quality Assurance: 23.2% test coverage reported by clover
Stability: No planned API changes
Supported: Documentation available, module maintainer does watches user list, answers email.
For the next release @module* has ...
There are also tips and tricks that should be noted:
- the createSchema method does not yet work
- a hsql plugin will be needed before content can be created
If you are a volunteer we could use help improving the following:
IP review is underway - known issue: http://svn.geotools.org/geotools/trunk/gt/modules/unsupported/PostGIS2/review.txt
The module maintainer will take care of assigning these issues to developers:
Remember that the module maintainer is a volunteer, and if you can help test this module please jump on the developers list and help out. Patches may be attached to the above issues for review by the module maintainer.
Although not the responsibility of the geotools module maintainer additional or related issues may be found in the the geoserver or udig bug trackers.
There is no interesting development planned at this time.