This release has some great improvements:
- Ruby on Rails support. We have been working hard on getting Rails own unit
tests running and over 98% of them now run successfully. We feel things are
running well enough to invite Ruby users to kick the tires and help root out
any final issues.
- Ruby classes can extend concrete/abstract Java classes and override methods
- New Java primitive array syntax
- Reimplementation of String, Numeric classes, and Array to be more correct
- Significant bottlenecks have been identified. In some cases IO is 6.5x
faster than previous releases. Java included classes are significantly
faster than in the past.
- 225 Jira issues resolved since last release
At the beginning of this development cycle we added Nick Sieger as a committer
to JRuby. Nick has been a welcome addition to the team.