Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Jikes Research Virtual Machine?
- What is the relationship to the Jalapeño project?
- Is Jikes RVM for all programmers?
- Why is Jikes RVM of interest to the research community?
- Why did IBM make Jikes RVM open source?
- How can I contribute? Where should I start?
- Why did you choose Linux?
- Why does Jikes RVM run Java bytecodes?
- Who maintains Jikes RVM?
- Why are different licenses used for Jikes RVM and the libraries?
- Does IBM Research plan to continue to use Jikes RVM?
- How does this project relate to the Jikes compiler open source project?
- Can I use Jikes RVM with a hardware simulator?
- What is a Space?
- What is a "monotone" Space?
- What is a "freelist" Space?
- What is precopying?
- Why are some classes named with Local suffix?