Session Replication On Completion of an Invocation
- An invocation targeted at yellow is received by Node 1.
- The invocation proceeds and, at its completion, yellow is replicated to Node 2 and Node 3. Node 2 and Node 3 are elected based on a pluggable replication strategy, which defines:
- the number of replicas to be maintained for each session; and
- the nodes which should host the replicas.
Session Replication On Cluster Membership Change
- Node 3 leaves the cluster or fails.
- Node 1 re-organizes the replicas of the sessions it manages, e.g. yellow.
- Node 1 triggers a re-election of the nodes which should host the replicas of yellow.
- The replication strategy decides to create a new replica of yellow on Node 4. The replica currently on Node 2 is untouched.
- Node 1 replicates to Node 4 yellow.