- Changes can be tracked down much faster
- searching for dependency changes only affects revisions of "dependencies.xml"
- Lesser conflicts/merges necessary
- shorter files --> easier to navigate and locate informations
- template/shared files may be copied/linked into the directory
- some other proposals ask for thinks that could be solved with this option very easily
- this could be done using SVN copy / external definitions. But maybe there could also be added some kind of special references later.
- Adding hibernate/spring/myComplexDependency could be a one liner.
One problem is, that there exist several 3rd party parsers (IDE integration etc.). But they should be able to implement the changes very fast.
Maybe it is necessary to change/extend the XML schema for those files. Could anyone provide some informations about this issue?