Google's Summer of Code is on again - http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html
See Google Summer of Code Ideas for project ideas
- All Codehaus projects may register their desire to use a SoC student.
- In the event that Codehaus does not receive enough slots for all projects, projects will be cut first by the projects themselves, and then failing that, by the Codehaus despots.
- Projects should be useful and required
- Projects must have specific deliverables
- Codehaus gets the $500 to cover our server infrastructure costs - the global financial crisis has smashed ad-revenue
Recommendations - administrator (Ben Walding) enforced
- Weekly status updates (The Rules)
- Respond to reasonable information requests
Recommendations - mentor enforced
- Choose projects that have definable limits that can realistically be met
- Documentation and code quality are part of the success criteria
- If it doesn't build on completion; they don't get paid
- They should attempt to build community - although will be hard in limited time