Groovy 2.3 is the latest major and stable version of the popular alternative language for the JVM.
In this new release, Groovy features:
- official support for running Groovy on JDK 8
- traits, as a new object oriented way of composing behavior in your classes
- new and improved AST transformations like @TailRecursive, @Builder and @Sortable
- a new NIO2 module with Path support
- lightening fast JSON parsing and building
- closure parameter type inference
- a new markup template engine
- Groovysh and GroovyConsole ease of use improvements
- a new GroovyAssert test utility
- more @BaseScript class capabilities, and more.