- CARGO Maven2/Maven3 plugin fixes and improvements:
ContainerStopMojonow can resolve dependencies with scope
<test>, the same way
ContainerStartMojocan (CARGO-1069 and CARGO-527).
functional-testsartifact of the Separate Functional Test Module Archetype now uses
packaging=jarand is compatible with m2e (CARGO-1065).
- The CARGO plugin now resolves the required container JARs automatically (CARGO-975), meaning that if you're for example only using CARGO with the Jetty container than the other containers' JARs will not be downloaded.
- Fixed a bug where the JSR-88 deployers' (used by the GlassFish remote deployer)
undeploymethod ignored the EAR's name ( CARGO-1076).
- All CARGO JBoss containers, from the 10-year-old JBoss 3.x to the brand-new JBoss 7.1.x, now support datasources (CARGO-426). You can therefore now use CARGO to deploy datasources to any JBoss container; the bigger advantage being that the datasource definitions don't need to change between JBoss versions nor between all containers that CARGO can deploy datasources to.
- The JOnAS remote deployer now works with Windows for XML deployment plans (CARGO-1067).
- The Resin container has been improved:
- The Resin management port can be configured (CARGO-318)
- Resin 3.1.x support has been added (CARGO-759 and CARGO-494)
- Last but not least, the new XML replacement API introduced in CARGO 1.1.4, which avoids having CARGO-specific container configuration files in the distribution, is now used more extensively; as the Jetty (CARGO-1060), Resin (CARGO-1075) and Tomcat (CARGO-1061) container also make use of it.
- This way, not only we won't have to maintain these CARGO-specific files manually anymore, but also new versions will be supported "out of the box" and CARGO will also work with different flavours of containers.
- To achieve automatic resolution of container JARs in the Maven2/Maven3 container, a small change has been done in the
ResourceUtils: it now loads resources using a class loader (as opposed to a class, which was the case in the past), hence
AbstractLocalConfiguration.RESOURCE_PATHhas been changed from
"org/codehaus/cargo/container/internal/resources/"(without the slash at the beginning). If your code uses the same constant, make sure you 've update it properly.
AbstractCopyingInstalledLocalDeployer.setShouldDeployExpanded*smethods have been removed (CARGO-905 and CARGO-940). As a replacement:
Deployabletype has a generic
AbstractCopyingInstalledLocalDeployerhas a generic method
setShouldDeployExpandedwith two arguments.
- File handling methods that manipulate texts now need to specify the encoding (CARGO-909).
- In the Maven2/Maven3 plugin, the
<artifactInstaller>don't have the
<installDir>attribute anymore, replaced by
cargo.tomcat.manager.url) has been removed (CARGO-965), please use the generic