- Edit 'SONAR_HOME_PATH/conf/sonar.properties' as described in standalone mode (Note that 'SONAR_HOME_PATH/conf/wrapper.conf' is never used when deploying in application server).
- Execute the script 'SONAR_HOME_PATH/war/build-war.sh' script (or 'SONAR_HOME_PATH/war/build-war.bat' on MS Windows)
- Deploy 'SONAR_HOME_PATH/war/sonar.war' in the application server
- Browse to and follow the setup instructions
- the SONAR_HOME_PATH directory cannot be removed
- there is no need to rebuild the WAR when installing/uninstalling plugins or rule extensionsthe WAR file must be rebuilt when a configuration file is updated (directory 'SONAR_HOME_PATH/conf')
- there is no need to rebuild the WAR when installing/uninstalling plugins or rule extensions
the user who runs Tomcat must have read & write access to the SONAR_HOME_DIR directory (to allow plugin installation from the Web admin console for instance)
Moving the Sonar Distribution or Deploying in Another Machine
If for any reason, the SONAR_HOME_PATH has to change (moving the Sonar distribution into another directory, generating the WAR and deploying it on a different machinemachines, etc.), you can override this path SONAR_HOME_PATH by setting the SONAR_HOME environment variable to the new path.
Injecting Environment Variables