- SSA form is disabled. Scalar SSA form may be fixable; Heap SSA form is considered too broken
- Many optimizations are disabled because they rely on SSA or are considered too buggy
- Some standard optimizations are missing, e.g. Global Array Bound check elimination
- Java Memory Model (JMM) is not correctly implemented
- Bootimage compilation is single-threaded by default because it is too unrealiable with multiple threads
- Regression tests are run regulary. The results are displayed with Cattrack, a Ruby-on-Rails application.
- There's currently no infrastructure for CI: Core team members need to ensure they run the pre-commit tests themselves.
- More regression machines would be useful, in particular PowerPC machines that can be accessed by all team members
- Currently no code review tools in use
- Some unit tests (via JUnit) exist but most classes don't have unit tests