- Setup maven settings.xml as described above.
- Import this project into your eclipse: extras/groovy-eclipse-batch-builder
- Open build.properties of the project
- Update the version number(s)
- Uncomment only one of the do-xx-build options
- Update the jar.dest, eclipse.install.plugins, git.repo.loc, groovy.deploy.username, groovy.deploy.password properties to something that makes sense for your system
- Run `ant extract-create-install` and then run the groovy-eclipse-compiler-tests to make sure passes
- Run ant extract-create-publish to push to maven central (actually, pushes to codehaus releases area, which is synced with maven central). (May need to run this on the command line) Remember, there are no snapshots here, only releases codehaus staging area.
- Use nexus ui (https://nexus.codehaus.org) to inspect staged artifacts, maybe run tests against the staged repo.
- Use nexus ui to close and publish the staged repo. Within a day it will be synched with maven central.
This build process assumes that there is an existing Eclipse installation around and that the groovy-eclipse projects have been imported into a workspace and compile successfully. The build process will be copying class files from the bin folders of the projects.