Mapbuilder has reached the end of its life. We have released 1.5 and will do no further development. See for more information the full letter here.
MapBuilder is a powerful, standards compliant geographic mapping client which runs in a web browser.
|title||Recent Release (2014-03-26)|
Maintenance Community Mapbuilder 1.5.1: Bringing support for all latest browsers (incl. WebKit, IE11) and the power of OpenLayers 2.13 to Mapbuilder. This release is the last official stable release of Mapbuilder provided by the current development team. Download 1.5.1
- Browser based mapping client
- Excels at transforming and rendering XML documents (like GML, Context etc) using XSLT in the browser.
- Standards compliant, supports multiple Open Geospatial Consortium(OGC) standards
- Renders maps from Web Map Services (WMS), Web Feature Services (WFS), GeoRSS, Google Maps
- Supports editing map features to Transactional Web Feature Services (WFS-T)
- Allows users to build their own maps, then save and share them, using Web Map Context (WMC) and Open Web Services Context
- Fast and interactive - built using AJAX
- Works with most modern browsers (Firefox 1.0+, Internet Explorer 6.0+, Mozilla 1.3+, Opera 9.5+, WebKit-Browsers like Google Chrome)
- Customisable and easy to extend
- Open source under the LGPL licence
If you wish to learn more, you can try the on-line tutorials or the Examples and read the on-line user-guide.