|Table of Contents|
The web interface has been designed to help you quickly find what you are looking for.
It can be displayed in various languages.
The web interface is divided in three areas:
- Top bar
- Left menu
Wherever you are, you can access the top bar:
- Dashboards to go back to the Home page
- Projects to access the complete list of Projects, Views, Developers, etc. or to access previously browsed projects:
- Measures to access the Measures service
- Issues to access the Issues service
- Settings to access the system settings (mainly for system administrators)
- Log in / <Name> to log in. Depending on your user rights, you will have access to different dashboards and services. Logging in also allows you to have access to your own customized web interface. From there, you can modify your profile and log out.
- Search for a resource: project, file, view, developer, etc. to quickly access it.
- Keep track of where you are thanks to the breadcrumb trail. This breadcrumb trail is clickable, so you can quickly reach an upper level dashboard.
- <Star> to flag the current project as favourite
- Configuration to access the current project's configuration pages
The left menu is a contextual menu that depends on the area you areand on your user rights. It provides access to different dashboards and services.
It is where the data are displayed.
The main kinds of dashboards:
- Global dashboard displays high level (instance level) data
- Project dashboard displays project data
- Resource viewer displays detailed data on resource
- System configuration for the sytem administrators to configure the SonarQube instance
- Project configuration for the project administrators to configure their project settings (setting analysis properties, creating action plans, etc.)
The motto is that you will need three clicks maximum to go from a quality indicator to a corrective action in the source code.
Example #1: Issues Drilldown
Example #2: Duplication Drilldown
Quickly Accessing your Favourites
The web interface is displayed in the preferred language that you set in your browser settings.
If it is not, just ask your administrator to add the corresponding language pack. Have a look at the available bundles.