Upgrade the server
- Stop the server
- Backup your database (if you do not use the default embedded database)
- Backup the root directory
- Unzip the new release
- If you used the default embedded database, restore the /data directory
- Restore /extensions directories
- Restore configuration files :
- migration from 1.3 or 1.4RC*: copy the file /conf/sonar.properties. If you activated the JVM -server parameter, uncomment the line 'wrapper.java.additional.2=-server' from /conf/wrapper.conf. Do not re-use the wrapper.conf from previous releases.
- migration from 1.2 : configuration files have been deeply reorganized in 1.3. Read the instructions from this guide.
- If Sonar is deployed on JEE applications, repackage the WAR file by executing the script /war/build-war
- Start the server
- browse to http://localhost:9000 and follow setup instructions.
Upgrade the maven plugin
Update the plugin version :