Jetty is an open-source project providing a HTTP server, HTTP client and javax.servlet container. These 100% java components are full-featured, standards based, small foot print, embeddable, asynchronous and enterprise scalable. Jetty is dual licensed under the Apache Licence 2.0 and/or the Eclipse Public License 1.0. Jetty is free for commercial use and distribution under the terms of either of those licenses.
Jetty is used in a wide variety of projects and products: embedded in phones, in tools like the the eclipse IDE, in frameworks like GWT, in application servers like Apache Geronimo and in huge clusters like Yphoo's Hadoop cluster. See the Jetty Powered page for more uses of Jetty.
The jetty project is coordinated between the Eclipse Foundation, where the latest core components are developed, and the Codehaus, where older versions are maintained and the latest eclipse components are variously integrated, extended and repackaged. See the About Jetty page for more about the project structure.
Hightide is an optimized, versioned distribution of Jetty that bundles a number of JavaEE-style services such as JNDI, an XA transaction service, a JMS message fabric, and a JDBC accessible database. It also includes as standard state-of-the art AJAX libraries.
Jetty Project Information at a Glance
- Downloading Jetty - Main Download page
- SVN: http://svn.codehaus.org/jetty (developers)
- Contributor SVN: http://svn.codehaus.org/jetty-contrib (developers)
- Hightide SVN: http://svn.webtide.com/repos/webtide/hightide/(developers)
- Announcements: email@example.com (un)subscribe
- Development discussion: firstname.lastname@example.org (un)subscribe
- Community support: email@example.com (un)subscribe
- Search all of the above
- #jetty @irc.codehaus.org