I am very pleased to announce the immediate availability of IzPack 4.3.0!
IzPack is a one-stop solution for packaging, distributing and deploying
applications. IzPack is opensource, released under the liberal Apache
Software License 2.0.
It is fully cross-platform and generates a single installer. As such, it is
an alternative to native solutions such as platform-specific installers and
IzPack-generated installers only require a Java virtual machine to run.
Many companies and projects have been using IzPack over the years, including
Sun Microsystems, JBoss/RedHat, the Scala language project, some ObjectWeb/OW2
projects, XWiki and many more.
IzPack can be obtained free of charge from its website at http://izpack.org/
Getting professional services
IzPack creator and project leader Julien Ponge offers paid professional services:
- one-time and subscription-based support
- custom developments
- installer creation bootstrap.
Do not hesitate to contact Julien and get more informations from http://izpack.proservices.ponge.info/
Those services directly help in sustaining and improving IzPack.
About this release
This release is the result of a collective effort where our developers and
contributors worked hand-in-hand to improve IzPack. Also, new developers have
joined the project to bring further ideas and energy to the project.
About a hundred issues have been resolved in this release. The complete list
along with JIRA issues can be reviewed at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/IZPACK/fixforversion/14763
New features highlights
The release contains its usual set of bug fixes, small enhancements and
documentation improvements. The new features include:
- Scripting support through the Apache Bean Scripting Framework
- Full console manual and automated installations
- Removal of NanoXML in favor of a javax.xml backend
- Ability to call Java classes before and after each panel
- Privileges elevation improvements
- Graphical reporting of launch-time errors
- AntActionListener improvement
- Configuration of the uninstaller path
- Compile-time variable substitutions
The IzPack team would like to thank its developers and contributors for having made this release
possible! We would also like to thank our numerous and growing users worldwide for pushing us
Other thanks go to:
- The Codehaus Foundation and especially Ben Walding: http://codehaus.org/
- JetBrains for their amazing IntelliJ IDEA IDE: http://www.jetbrains.com/
- Atlassian for the tools that power some Codehaus services: http://www.atlassian.com/
- Sun Microsystems, especially the Glassfish and IPS teams: http://www.sun.com/
- IzPack website: http://izpack.org/
- Codehaus space: http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/izpack/
- Mailing-lists: http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/izpack/lists
- Confluence wiki: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/IZPACK
- News feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/IzPack
- Subversion repository: http://svn.codehaus.org/izpack/
- Git repository (synchronized from svn): http://github.com/jponge/izpack/tree/master
- FishEye SVN browser: http://svn.izpack.codehaus.org/
- JIRA issues tracker: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/IZPACK