The topics will range between the next coming versions of Groovy: namely Groovy 1.7 and Groovy 2.0. The main highlights will be the following:
- Modularity of Groovy — Paul King
- Pattern matching — Guillaume Laforge
- Combinator parsers — Guillaume Laforge
- Anonymous Inner Classes / Nested Classes — Jochen Theodorou
- Review Hamlet's GEP 2 - AST Builder Support
- Other potential topics to be discussed
- The native launcher
- Groovy's web service support
- Discuss the design of a new Meta-Object Protocol
- handling of access to private methods/fields/properties
- general missing property/method handling (order of lookup, what extension points)
- are invokeMethod and get/setProperty on GroovyObject still needed? What was their purpose in the first place and how did they develop?
- How does EMC allow extension to invokeMethod and get/setProperty logics? (see for example http://groovy.codehaus.org/ExpandoMetaClass+-+GroovyObject+Methods) And should that be kept, or is it intelligent to do so?
- How to isolate meta class registries? Is that a good thing, is it not needed? How does for example Ruby handle this?
- How easily give any created and not yet created meta class a change? How to isolate such actions?