In order to configure global settings, it is necessary to be able to connect as a global administrator (See Security).
Personalize Home Page
It is possible to personalize the Home / All projects page. This personalization becomes the default for everybody accessing the page.
Press ON and you will be presented with the configuration page: there are 3 areas in that page that enable customization :
The top area
This area allows 3 actions :
- add a column to the All Projects page
- select the column the All Projects page will be sorted on
- remove the treemap from the All Projects page
The columns header
This area allows 2 actions :
- remove a column from the All Projects page
- change the column ordering in the All Projects page
The area allows to choose the default values for the treemap on the All Projects page. When the values are chosen, click on Set as Default in order to save them.
Sonar allows to set up a environment promotion process. Indeed, you can for instance define new quality profiles in a test environment and put those quality profiles in your production environment once they are perfectly tested. To do that, you can export a Sonar instance's configuration to an XML file and import this same XML file in another Sonar instance. You can't currently define which part of a configuration need to be exported/imported, so all the configuration of the first Sonar instance will wipe the configuration of the second one.
The configuration described in this function relates to :
- Quality profiles (rules + alerts)
- Definition of manual metrics
- Definition of events categories
- Parameters defined in the settings section (plugins)
- Personalization of the All Projects page
In order to backup the configuration, sign in, go to configuration and select the Backup / Restore entry in the left menu :
Click on Backup and save the xml file on your disk.
In order to restore the configuration, sign in, go to configuration and select the Backup / Restore entry in the left menu :
Select the xml file to restore and click restore.
This will wipe ALL existing configuration