|Table of content|
The default login / password for the administrator in Sonar admin / admin.
Changing my password
Log in, and click on my name on the top right. Enter the old password, the new one and confirm the new one.
The way security is implemented in Sonar is pretty standard. It is possible to create as many users and groups of users as required in the system. The users can then be attached (or not) to (multiple) groups. Groups and / or Users are then given (multiple) roles. The roles give access to the various services and functionality in Sonar.
There are 4 roles in Sonar, 1 is global, the 3 other are attached to a project :
- Global Administrators : Ability to perform all administration functions for the instance: global configuration, personalization of TimeMachine and Home Page
Be careful not to suppress the latest administrator, otherwise, you will be locked out
- Project Administrators : Ability to perform administration functions for a project by accessing its settings
- Project Users : Ability to navigate through every service of a project, except viewing source code and settings
- Project Code viewers : Ability to view source code of a project
Default project roles
It is possible to configure the system so that when a new project is created, the project roles are automatically assigned to users or / and groups
Two groups have a special status in Sonar :
- "Anyone" is a group that exists in the system, but that cannot be managed. Every user belongs to this group
- sonar-users is a group .....