groovy-mode for emacs
I've created a quick groovy-mode for emacs, which has syntax hilighting, recognises curly brace indentation (just use the tab key), and doesn't panic about optional semicolons.
I've tested it in emacs on Mac OSX 10.3, and it isn't painful.
Download this groovy-mode.el file and place it somewhere like
on OSX, your mileage may vary...
add the following lines to your ~/.emacs file:
- check this works in xemacs, and put your results in this page (anyone can edit )
- sort out the comment blocks, as it is currently based on ruby, where the symbol # currently denotes the start of a comment, maybe this can be cribbed from java-mode...
- at the moment you have to hit tab to do indents, I'm sure emacs can do this automatically on carriage return...
- based upon ruby-mode in ruby stable snapshot - Wed Nov 24 04:01:06 JST 2004
- This is just a quick hack of a groovy-mode, so if it's broken for you, fix it and share with the world.