Description / Features
Piwik is an open-source web analytics software that can be used as an alternative to Google Analytics, in particular for internal websites. The Piwik Plugin submits individual's browsing activity of the SonarQube instance to a Piwik server so that it can then be analysed.
Once browsing data from a SonarQube instance has been collected by the Piwik Plugin then the Piwik software itself has a lot of cool features to help you analyse that traffic:
- Real time web analytics reports
- Definition and tracking of Goals
- Customizable Dashboard
- Extensible plugin mechanism
- Detailed information on browser capabilities
To learn more about Piwik please visit the website: Piwik
You already have an instance of Piwik 0.6.
- Install the plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the SonarQube server
The Plugin is configured by an administrator with the details of a Piwik instance. From that point on, each web page will include a script at the end of it that submits information related to the page, the visitor, and their browser to Piwik for analysis.
To configure the Piwik Plugin:
- In Piwik define a new website for the SonarQube instance: Settings > Websites > Add new website
- In SonarQube log in as a System Administrator and go to Settings > General Settings > Piwik
- Use the Piwik website details to fill out the parameters.
- The Website ID, for example 2, can be taken straight from the website's Piwik page.
- The Piwik Server is the domain name or IP of the Piwik instance, for example piwik.mycompany.com
- The Relative Path on Server is the relative location of the Piwik website on the server. For example with the Piwik url of http://piwik.mycompany.com/piwik-0.6/index.php then this value would be "piwik-0.6". It can be empty if Piwik was installed at the root of the server.
- Click Save Parameters
If you look at the source of a SonarQube page you should now see a Piwik script near the bottom of the page.
In the Piwik side, you should start seeing page hits from SonarQube being shown within a few seconds as you browse SonarQube.
Version 1.0 (1 issues)