The intent of this page is to track ideas related to UI tools currently in core/modules/contrib and future directions
- For starters, we are now at a point where we can mix together SwingBuilder/SwingXBuilder/GraphicsBuilder/JideBuilder into a single UberSwingBuilder, in order to accomplish that we must at least complete the following tasks
- move timingframework related behavior from SwingBuilder to SwingXBuilder- (Done as of 1 Oct)
- standardize how builders register their factories
- will each builder (except swingbuilder) retain its individuality or will they be fused ?
- activate swing() node
- drop internal FactoryBuilderSupport (Done as of 4 Oct)
- switch factories to groovy.util.Factory (Done as of 4 Oct)
- SwingBuilder - non-essential
- The concept of a mini-builder that only registers factories and has a nodeCompleted function, since some components that users might want to add could need a nodeCompleted to work efficiently. It would not live on its own and needs to be joined to a full-fledged builder. One use could be if someone choose to package up the components that are in SwingX incubator.
- Add code to manage LaF stuff (nothing fancy, just setting the LaF from the builder, updating the tree, and failsafe-ing to the SystemLaF, or anything but Metal)
James--I find myself including the same little function to manage this stuff in almost every demo I've written.
Andres--not surprisingly enough JIDE also has utilities for this, may be useful in the UberBuilder.
- DSL for keframe definitions (timingframework related)
- Provide MacOS X integration for graphical tools other than GroovyConsole (like the inspector).
- Continue upgrading MacOS X support in GroovyConsole