The Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer project provides the necessary functionality to design BPMN 2.0 processes and run these processes on the Activiti Engine.
The foundation for the Activiti Designer is the Eclipse Graphiti project (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=modeling.gmp.graphiti). We currently use Graphiti 0.7.0 RC1.
For the implementation of the BPMN 2.0 specification we use the BPMN 2.0 metamodel implementation for Eclipse (http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT-BPMN2).
We have released a first version (0.5.0) for the Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer. Note that it is not yet bullit-proof and we welcome any feedback you may have!
The installation of the Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer is very simple and contains the following steps:
- Download Eclipse Helios Classic http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-classic-361/heliossr1
- Install the Activiti Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Designer plug-in via the update site http://activiti.org/designer/update
That's all, you should now be able to create your first Activiti Eclipse project:
And when you finish this wizard a blank BPMN 2.0 diagram is ready for use. Right now the following functionality is supported:
- BPMN 2.0 constructs Start event, End event, Sequence flow, Script task, User task, Service task, Exclusive and Parallel gateway, and sub processes.
- Export of BPMN 2.0 XML by right clicking on the diagram and choosing Export - Save to BPMN 2.0.
- Automatic creation of developer friendly ids for BPMN 2.0 constructs.
- Property sheets for all supported BPMN 2.0 constructs, but script, java service and user task in specific, because you can edit additional fields.
- To open and edit a sub process, drag one into your process diagram and double-click it to open a new editor where you can model the sub process.
- Generate a fully working unit test out of a BPMN 2.0 XML file
And as an example, the following screenshot shows a bit of what's currently possible with the Activiti BPMN 2.0 Eclipse Plugin.
Have fun and please provide some early feedback!
To show the functionality currently available a short tutorial is available.
Tijs Rademakers - lead developer (email@example.com)
Tiese Barrell - developer
Ron van Liempd - developer
Yvo Swillens - developer
0.5.0 release (this is the current release):
- Create Activiti project
- Create Activiti BPMN 2.0 diagram
- Support for the following BPMN 2.0 constructs (Start event, End event, Sequence flow, User task, Script task, Java service task, Manual task, Parallel gateway, Exclusive gateway, Sub process)
- Export function for BPMN 2.0 xml
- Simple unit test functionality
- Support for standalone sub processes
- Support for pools and lanes
- Deployment on a Activiti Engine
- Import BPMN 2.0 model from Activiti modeler
- Allow copy-paste of diagram elements
- Delete-all notification shown only once
- Double-click to direct edit in flow nodes in addition to single-click